Jerome D. Chao, MD FACS
13 Century Hill Drive
Latham, NY 12110
p 518.203.2582 f 518.203.2583
- We consider it a privilege that you have chosen us for your plastic surgical needs. We strongly believe that an informed patient is a good patient and that your clear understanding of our financial policy is important to our professional relationship.
- Our providers at Certified Plastic Surgery of New York, PLLC (DBA: Chao Plastic Surgery, EZStitch, Upstate Hair Restoration and EX-TAT) participate with the following insurance plans: CDPHP, MVP, and Medicare.
- Laser or surgical tattoo removal is typically considered cosmetic surgery and is not covered by insurance.
- Payment is due at the time of service unless arrangements have been made in advance with your insurance company. It is your responsibility to provide current and updated insurance information, which includes bringing your insurance card to the appointment with you so we may make a copy.
- Your insurance policy is a contract between YOU and your insurance COMPANY. If your plan allows you to go out of network, as a courtesy to you, we will file your insurance claim. If we receive a check from your insurance carrier, we will refund any overpayment to you.
- If you are here as a result of an auto accident we require that you pay your charges at the time of service or provide us with your No-Fault insurance information and/or attorney's information. In case of a lawsuit, we will file a lien with them for the charge.
- We accept cash, personal checks, cashier’s check, money order, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
- There will be a $35.00 fee for any checks returned for non-sufficient funds.
- Cosmetic consultations are complimentary.
- Cosmetic surgery is not covered by insurance, therefore we require payment be made prior to surgery. A $500 deposit will be collected in order to secure a surgery date, and the balance will be collected 2 weeks prior to surgery.
- Anesthesia and Operating Room fees are paid separately.
- Financing is available thru CareCredit or SurgeryLoans.com. All arrangements must be made prior to your pre-op appointment.
- We consider the pre-op exam as a definitive final consultation prior to the operation. The fee for surgery that is rendered at the pre-op appointment is non refundable and non transferable to another segment of time. If the surgery is rescheduled after the payment has been made there will be a 35% rescheduling fee for the total cost of the surgery. This is done to maintain the continuity of a very valuable and busy surgical schedule. The only exception to this is life threatening emergencies or medical illnesses prior to the operation. In these exceptional circumstances a 35% rescheduling fee will not apply. We reserve a considerable amount of discretion in implementing this difficult but necessary policy.
- It is the patient’s responsibility to complete all pre-surgical diagnostics prior to the pre-operative appointment. If not completed by this appointment, surgery may be postponed and subject to a 35% rescheduling fee, or canceled without a refund.
- Every effort is made to maintain the predicted operating room and anesthesia hours. However, results are NEVER compromised for time. In these rare occasions that the surgery outruns the determined time you will be billed for additional operating room and anesthesia fees.
- The surgical fee includes all post op visits related to a particular procedure. It does not include office visits for unrelated procedures. The cosmetic quote given at the consultation will be in effect for 6 months from the date it was given.
- Plastic surgery is an art and occasionally revisions will be necessary. These will be done within one year of the original surgery date. The majority of time there will be no surgeon’s fee for the revision; however there will be operating room and anesthesia fees. Dr. Chao reserves the right to determine a revision versus a separate procedure that is being requested.
Our providers at Certified Plastic Surgery of New York, PLLC participate with the following insurance plans: CDPHP, MVP, and Medicare. The patient is responsible for the full amount of all surgical fees; Certified Plastic Surgery of New York, PLLC will not negotiate or accept reimbursed rates. Certified Plastic Surgery of New York, PLLC does not accept Medicaid.